Sunday 7 February 2010

Announcing an exhibition... sort of

I'd intended to tell you about my new project today, but now I'm not sure what to say. Some of it remains the same: I intend having a small selling exhibition, and will make some new pieces, maybe a series of themed items, as part of it. The problem starts with what those pieces are to be.

I thought I knew, and have been working on designs for a while, but try as I might, I just can't get them in a state I'm happy with, and I'm going to give up on them (and no, I'm not going to tell you what they were - I don't want them to see the light of day in any form).

I haven't given up on the basic idea I had, and maybe some time in the future I'll find a way round the problem - I hope so, as there are some aspects of it I still like very much. But, not right now: I'm not going to spend a great deal of time and effort working on something I know just looks wrong.

So now what? I have a few ideas floating around in my head, though they all need a lot of work. I need to spend a few days scribbling and cursing, before I decide on an approach. But when I do, you'll be the first to know!

1 comment:

  1. ruth, don;t give up, the ideas will come in the end, good luck with the project

    ReplyDelete