Monday 21 September 2009

I've finished the appliqué!

The appliqué detail on the first cross is now all done - and here it is:

So that's all the satin pieces attached, and edged with Jap gold thread. Some of them more than once - it's taken longer than I'd expected to get this far, as I wasn't happy with what I'd done on the second leg, and took it out and started again. I felt I had to - it just wasn't right, and it has to be, or as close as I can make it. Despite using tacking stitches as guidelines, I'd got the appliqué pieces too far to one edge. I don't know if I wasn't following the guide stitches as closely as I thought I was or if I'd got them wrong in the first place, but it was definitely out. I didn't notice until it was finished and I took a step back to look at it from a distance, which was a depressing moment. Still, all done now.

And now I have a whole week off work, so I should be able to make good progress. I've got other things to do too, but I'm still hoping to get a lot of stitching in. Which is just as well. Think that's the cross finished? Think again!

1 comment:

  1. oooo... I shall wait in an-ti-ci-pation to see what happens to it next!!!!

    ReplyDelete